Comic magazines are a special part of childhood that oftentimes continues right through your teens and adult life. We simply cannot seem to get enough out of them. There are many characters like Tintin, Archies that are popular through the years for their continued effects to fill young minds with fun and excitement.
However there are comic magazines that are not only funny but also aimed at adult readers too with generous elements of satire and humor to lighten their hearts.
About Viz Magazine
One of the popular names among many others happens to be that of Viz magazine. A British publication Viz is a comic magazine that has been in function since 1979. It is filled with humorous sketches and jokes along with genres of comic write ups.
There are also comic takes on various political and other news items from tabloids and newspapers. Apart from its regular features of satire and humor there are also competitions and contests for the readers.
Main Attractions of Viz
There are certain content attributes of the Viz magazine that has enabled it to leave a mark of its own. Here are some of the major characteristic features that Viz is better known for.
- Satire – This is a section that revolves around various stories write upon that is based on satirical humor. There are different stories that are known for their individual plots but are essential a comic take on the various people that inhabit society and are driven by their own self interests and goals. There is also a generous dose of the usual tabloid features that gather celebrity pictures and write ups about their life and works.
- Letterbocks – This is the section where all the letters are featured. These include letters that are written by the Editor as well as those that are sent across by the readers of the magazine on various topics and featured items of the magazine issue.
- Lame to Fame Column – This is the section within Letterbocks even though it cannot be called a regular feature. Readers are free to send their letters in this section citing their relationships with well known celebrities.
- Top Tips – In this section readers send in their tips and suggestions on various topics. But the suggestions are mostly based on satire like one reader that suggests that money spent on a pair of binoculars can be saved by simply standing closer to an object to see it better.
- Viz Advertisements – There are ad features in Viz magazine that are equally based on satire of other advertisements. Original advertisements have often been presented here in a comic manner apart from several other adaptations.
Viz Magazine Subscriptions
There is an attractive offer available for the readers of Viz magazine. You can subscribe for 3 editions of the magazine at a cost of 1pound. And in case the reader is not impressed they can cancel the subscription within the 3rd edition and the 1 pound is all that they pay for the 3 editions.
And in case they wish o continue the subscriptions they get a discount of 21% on the shop price and the issues will be delivered to the readers’ doorsteps as well.